Saturday, May 30, 2009

Taking a short break

Oh gentle readers (ha!), I know you are waiting for me to post my paper mache bust process (which went well by the way), but I am so worried that I will not have as much for my upcoming booth as I'd like, that taking time off from creating just to blog my paper mache adventure would make me feel guilty. At the same time I feel guilty for not posting here as regularly lately. Woe is me! So I'm just going to wait until after the festival to get that, along with other things, posted. Then I can hopefully get back into the swing of things.
Since the things in my Etsy shop will be going in my booth for the festival, I'll be closing my Etsy from June 3rd-7th.
In other news, I just applied to my local Walmart. Depressing, yet exciting at the same time, haha.
Depressing:
  • It's Walmart
  • Bad reputations as employers
  • Giving in and trying to get a "regular" job after graduating college makes me feel like a failure, even though I know that I'm most definitely not.
Exciting:
  • A regular paycheck, holy crap!
  • I will definitely be able to finally get a kiln
  • and a car! Man do I ever need a car.
  • And can start getting out of debt and fix my credit score

Ok it is 3:30am, I should probably get to bed. See you in a little over a week!
Watch/listen to this in the meantime. Not a new Eisley song, but pobably my new favorite Eisley song.

3 comments:

lisa said...

I admire you for doing what you need to do to support your life as an artist!

Lori said...

Thank you so much for your comment Lisa. It makes me not feel so lame for slacking on the blog and applying for Walmart, haha.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori- Just wanted to give you a heads up and ask your permission after I already did it (gulp-sorry). I've got a post scheduled to run this Thurs. where I posted one of the prints I bought from you and the frames I finally picked out for them (yay!) I've linked to both of your shops in the post and also posted a photo of one of your jewelry pieces. Hopefully this is ok with you:)

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP