Sunday, March 8, 2009

Been busy, and have my first big commission

I've not been online much for a few days. I've been working on a baby blanket for my best friends baby who is due in July. She is in from Hawaii (husband is in air force, they are stationed there) for two more weeks. :) She had a baby shower yesterday, but I didn't finish the blanket in time for it, so I will have to give it to her before she leaves. It's extremely colorful, like a clown threw up, haha. I'll get pics.
I have my first commission for a business. The gift shop coordinator for the Elmhurst Art Museum in Illinois seen this necklace and wants me to make some for them to sell in the gift shop. So I'll be making 10 of these for the shop there.


I don't have enough of my ceramic beads to make 10 more of these so I will be attempting to recreate the ceramic beads from polymer clay. I'm really excited!
Well, I slept past noon today and I've not eaten. :p Time to get some grub.

8 comments:

lisa winter said...

congrats! having them in a museum gift shop is super cool. good luck making the beads out of clay. i bet they will rock.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite an accomplishment. Good for you! I knew that necklace would get some kind of attention for you, it's quite a stunner. I'm really excited to get my prints:)

squash said...

Good for you! This necklace is a real beauty! Just amazing.

lizet frijters said...

Wonderful. I'm not surprised, that necklace is stunning.

Lisa R said...

congratulatins! You must be so excited.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're happy with the prints. I'm really excited to see them too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori, thanks for your comment on Photobeads blog! This eclectic necklace of yours is already scheduled to be featured next :).
Take care, Alexandra

Lori said...

Wow, what a pleasant surprise! Thank you so much photobeads! :)

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP